1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fi tech warmup%

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by A Weaver, Aug 25, 2019.

1. A Weaver

I have a fitech 600 never been happy with WOT it's always fell on its face . But runs good everyday driving. I've been data logging a lot lately. Noticed it was going very lean so I started turning up the fast accel and the other stuff. Been getting better and better. Went for a ride today . I did 3 data logs first 2 never missed a beat.afr was around 12.6 the whole time. The the third time it fell on its face afr was over 16 and I noticed the warmup % on the first 2 runs was 1.6 and the 3rd run it was 1.6 then it stayed at 0 then back to 1.6. Anyone have any ideas? HELP

2. B E N

Once you have the accel pump and fast accel dialed in it should act the same way every time. Based on your WOT issues and your intermittent accel issues I would say you have a fuel issue. Look at your fuel pressures during a log, are they consistant?

3. A Weaver

I will double check that when I get a minute. I didn't notice anything when I looked at the log yesterday. I'm running the fitech electric pump under the hood . I'm wondering if that isn't the biggest problem. Thanks for the reply.

4. B E N

Is it the first generation sump? Mine would boil the fuel and do what your talking about. I covered it to constant recirculation and it solved the problem.

5. A Weaver

Not sure what you mean by constant recirculation.

6. A Weaver

Are you saying I need to change the pump or is there a setting I can change?

7. B E N

This video is not the greatest but it will give you an idea of what your doing.

Mine works great after doing something similar no more hiccups. It is a known flaw with the gen 1 FCC.

8. A Weaver

Ok
    Thanks I'll try it and let you know how it goes.

9. A Weaver

Well I took the float out and the filter thing like the video showed got to go for one wide open run and actually got a little rich . Got down to 10.5 so I think I can start adjusting the other way . Also the hose clamps that hold the pump on were both pretty loose. Thanks much . At least it looks like I'm getting somewhere.

10. B E N

Nice, congrats! I hope you can keep making progress, if you need any help just ask.

11. A Weaver

Well it's getting better still a little rich till I get to about 4500 rpm then it's good on up . How would you suggest adjusting that I've been lowering the acc max and gain . Any else anyone can suggest?

12. B E N

How rich? You can post a log from the unit, that would help to better see when its happening.
    What is your target AFR set at?
    Engine cubes and cam profile match your motor?

Fast and slow accel are symbiotic to a point but in some cases they need to be adjusted individually. Fast accel is basically what governs the engine response when you stab it, and accel is essentially how rich it acts when you are staying in it or rolling in. You can also use these to adjust the drivability, if it wants to smoke the tires off every time you hammer it you can reduce fast accel a little to save you from the drama or excess responsiveness.

13. A Weaver

I'LL HAVE TO DO SOME CHECKING AND GET BACK TO YOU .IT'S RUNNING PRETTY GOOD RIGHT NOW . WE ARE INTO HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SEASON NOW SO BETWEEN WORK AND HELPING COACH NOT MUCH EXTRA TIME . THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

14. A Weaver

15684874405598712604135115890314.jpg #ad
    15684874405598712604135115890314.jpg #ad
    Here is a pic of my afr targets seems to be alot better at wot now it seems to load up when you get up to temp and try to run it easy. Do you think it would help if I raised the any of my afr targets?

15. B E N

On mine I run stoic for the first 3, right around 14.2 since everything here is 10% ethanol, you can get away with leaner values on the low load stuff. What are your AFR's showing when it loads up, do you have a log? What are your cruise spark tables set at? Are you seeing soot in the tailpipes? Any exhaust leaks? Where is the wideband located in your exhaust stream?

16. A Weaver

20190917_195641.jpg #ad
    here is a picture of my spark table . I haven't got a log after this new problem started. My tail pipes have always seemed sooty. The sensor is how ever many inches behind the collector that they tell you to put it . Once in a while it coughs up thru the intake when you get on it slow and some times it backfires out the exhaust when your idling into town. It never did this before I took the float out of the fuel pump. I'm not complaining it is performing better than ever . It almost acts like it has gas laying in the intake or exhaust. I hope this all makes sense.

17. B E N

What engine combo is this? It seems like you could be running more advance, specifically in 5 and 6, try being all in by 3000 (value 6), bump up 5 by 5-8 degrees and see how it responds. You may have to play with this a little for optimization, a 385 series ford is going to respond differently than a small block Mopar.

Inspect your plug wires, verify your distributor is synced to the unit
    what intake manifold are you using?

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  18. A Weaver

It's just a 302 ford with a performer air gap intake

19. A Weaver

20. A Weaver

It's a ford 302 I have the performer air gap intake I checked plug wires the other night. I haven't moved the dist.in over a year