1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fi tech 1200 tuning HELP

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Ers455, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Ers455

Hi guys , I need tips on how to tune my car from the beginning .As I am a total Dumb ass when it comes to computers, I have a Pontiac 455 on e85 with a single turbo in a 79 trans am ... I got the car running by adding 30%to the cubic inch of the motor and I got the iac #s to 6 , I have the a/f at idle set at 13 and wot 11.5 what should the middle # be at 3,000 rpm,s . I want to run 15# of boost , I have my timing locked at 24 degrees is this to much on E85 ? Any tuning tips are appreciated...

2. Ers455

Really crickets??

3. 93weezer

Why did you have to add so much to the cubic inches? Because of the e85? How much vacuum do you have at idle? As you know fitech can be real finicky with anything under 112 lsa

4. Ers455

Thanks for replying yea fitech told me to add 30% To my cubic inch for e85 and it's working good but I have a hard timing getting it started cold or warm and I also have a cam with 112 lsa what about the cranking fuel and acel pump adjustments ??

5. rdakota340

Yes this is what they told me to do also add 30% to the cubic inches when using E85, make small changes in 10 increments if you change anything.

6. 93weezer

A trick to see if you need to add fuel for cold start is to try double priming it. Turn key on let fuel pump prime and injectors cycle, turn key off then back on to repeat the process. If it starts easier you know you need more fuel on cold start prime. If not you need to trim some. Like said above use small increments by removing "10" each time. Don't forget you need to drive it for it to learn. Drive it like you stole it

7. Ers455

Ok thank you

8. 93weezer

Also after every adjustment you need to power down the fitech for it to take.