1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Classic Fast WBO2

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by TTSBC, Jul 14, 2011.

1. TTSBC

On my classic FAST the little blue symbol in the lower right hand part of the screen for WBO2 does not show up. I do not know if this is the original sensor for this system, so I am looking for some trouble shooting tips to check if the WBO2 is still actually good then also to get it to communicate with FAST. Thanks

-Chris

2. norbs

You need to contact fast with your serial number and get the universal o2 calibration file for $15. If you go to the main dash screen F9 or F10 I forget If any of the uego voltages are in the red while the car is running. I would say the sensor is no good. But try the new calibration file 1st for $15 this way you will be ready for the new sensors in the future.

3. turbostang

To further expand on what's said above - you have to have the 'option file' for your wideband 02 to work. If you have it, you can go to 'load option file' and browse to where the option file is stored, once you do that - write the changes and your wideband will work. Also, be sure the white calibration chip thingy is in the plug of the oxygen sensor, if it's MIA - it won't work either.

4. TTSBC

Got the option file from FAST and everything works now. Thanks

5. TurboNova

Not quite correct. If your classic was ordered without the wideband option then yes you will have to install it to get the wideband to work. When FAST sold classic ecus they also paired O2 sensors that had the ecu serial number on it with a specific O2 calibration and you had to buy the O2 sensors from them. But now most cases usually the O2 sensor was replaced to one that didn't have the serial number engraved on it and now it won't work either, by putting in the option file, the sensor without the matching serial number will work.

Turbostang is correct if someone took out the resistor in the connector of the O2 sensor or cuts off the sensor plug then it isn't going to work. The ecu looks at the sensor resistance to calibrate the sensor values.