1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fast XFI install help.

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 93cobraj, Sep 15, 2006.

1. 93cobraj

Sorry guys but I am a newbie and can't seem to locate the info I am looking for.

Can anyone tell me where all of the power and grounds are' especially the ones you have to add that is not already part of the main harness? The instructions on FAST's website aren't very clear to me (plus I have the reading comprehinsion of a third grader). It came with a relay and I am not sure if it's for the ecu or a fuel pump relay??? It looks like I am going to have to run two wires in the injection harness terminals j and k I believe but don't know where to run them???

Thanks for any help you guys can offer. :2thumbs:

2. Dustin11

Did you get the stand alone harness?

The power and ground wires for the XFI box will be labeled and in the harness.

You'll need to locate the fuel pump, cooling fan ground wires which are also labled and in the harness. What you have to is wire in the relays(not included) for your fuel pump and fan motors. You run the ground wires from the relay to the corresponding ground wire in the harness. The FAST system grounds these wires when the parameters are met.

You'll also need to run a switched 12V to power the box on when the key is on.

There should be another ground wire or two in the harness. I had 1 or 2 more wires to ground in the engine compartment part of the harness.

3. Otto J

On a stand alone harness from F.A.S.T you have the long battery leads + and - they go to the battery
    THe only grounds outside this are the cam and crank wire shield grounds
    There is a pink wire that is switched 12 volts while cranking and in the run position.

The relay is a main power relay for i believe system and 02 heater power

4. 93cobraj

Thank you guys very much. I have ran and located the power and ground connections above but am not exactly sure how to wire in the main relay as far as which wires go to it and the two (power???) wires that I have to run in the injection harness? I believe they are in positions j and k. Again I appreciate all of the help you guys provide.