1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FAST XFI, can I data log for clutch slip?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by SC68Z28, Jun 4, 2007.

1. SC68Z28

I know there's not very many clutch cars out there, and even fewer using EFI.
    It just seems like I should be able to monitor my clutch slippage thru the logger somehow?
    My car has an electronic speedo. Is there a way to send a signal from that drive shaft speed sensor?
    Then I could calculate the gear ratio diff for the gear i'm in against engine RPM.

Shot in the dark question. Thanks ---Bill.

2. Craig Smith

Yup. You can use the DS RPM input to monitor driveshaft speed. Follow the instructions in the XFI software on determining the values to enter so that DS RPM is accurately displayed. You should get log data that you could then export to a spreadsheet file and create a calculated variable that will automatically graph out clutch efficiency for you. The changing gear ratio will add a twist though. You'll need to have some sort of input for Excel to know what the present gear ratio is for the calculation. You might need to factor that in yourself.