1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fast sequential upgrade from B2B, parts needed?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Superskwrl, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Superskwrl

I've tried to search, but there is some conflicting info as far as what distributor to use.

Right now my car has a B2B system, using a stock ford TFI distributor and msd 6al ignition box.

My new parts so far are:
    FAST sequential box PN# 30213310
    Magnetic crank trigger kit.

Ultimately my question is what distribtor should i use, can i use the stock tfi+ the crank trigger to get true sequential, or can only random sequential be had using the TFI?

The following pn#'s have come up in my search as distributors guys are using with sequential.
    MSD 2382 (small cap)
    MSD 8598 (large cap)
    MSD 8579 (smal cap)
    MSD 8582 (large cap)
    Is one better than the rest... or there are just alot of options, seems like the last 2 are the same (less the cap)from there descriptions on summitracing.com

Thanks

2. chappy89

8582. single iductive pickup. use the dist. as the cam sensor, and the crank trigger as the crank sensor.