1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

how do i adapt an 89 computer to a 95 car?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by BLWON SN95, Apr 15, 2004.

1. BLWON SN95

i want to run the 89' computer in my 95 GT. how do i go about doing this, without buying the harness from Pro M?

2. WaterPog

the connectors are actually different, so you'll either need to replace the stock connector or use some sort of an adapter harness.

3. Snipe656

Dunno how to do it without the harness but I do know Ricky on here has the harness on his 94-95 Cobra and who knows might be interested in selling it since he is moving on to bigger and better plans.

4. BLWON SN95

How do i get ahold of Ricky??? I'd like to buy the harness.

5. Snipe656

Search on the username and pm him

6. dug

what are the advantages of using the older computer anyways?

7. MORA

you just need to get the plastic connector from the older car and re-pin all the wires. Its not very hard, but takes some patience to do it.

8. scubastang5

The timing and fuel curves throughout the tables on the 87-93 cars are simply more "aggressive". I have heard contradicting statements about the sn95 ecu - some say that they are more prone to detonation, but is easily fixable with a aftermarket tuner (pms,tweecer etc).
    Though others have said that the parameters and the sn95 ecu itself is a definite improvement on the fox body ecu, with much more capabilities. I would like to know what is actually true? Anyone shed some light? Thanks :cool: