1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FAST sequential ignition distributor ?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by L8ON, Apr 5, 2004.

1. L8ON

I have a FAST sequential with individual cylinder control for my SBF 302 based motor. What are my choices for an MSD ignition distributor that I can use with a crank trigger?

#8579(Pro Billet small dist.) ?

#8379(Crank Trigger dist.) ?

2. ShaneH

Leighton, you don't want to use a crank trigger distributor since you're going to be running sequential. It has no cam sync pickup. You could use the 8579(pro billet small cap) or 8582(billet wide cap).

3. L8ON

Shane, do I have any other options?

BTW, I returned your e-mail in reguards to the T&D rockers ... please get back to me ASAP. Thanks.

4. fivespeed

i use the msd 8582 distributor with the msd 8640 crank trigger. i am also running the sequential. i got my kit from murrillo and those were the msd parts that he spec'd for it. hope this helps. these are to be run on a 302.

5. fordz

Do you have to make any modifications to the 8582 distributor to work with crank trigger and FAST w/ individual cylinder control?