1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

FAST Injector question/problem RC Eng. 75lb injectors

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by redc4, Aug 1, 2007.

1. redc4

Hey guys, got a few questions here. I am working on a 306 GT42R, AFR, Solid roller setup with FAST bank to bank. Previously we had MSD 50lb injectors installed and a basic tune with them. We switched to the RC Engineering SL4-750 injectors and I changed the fuel calculation parameter to 75lb injectors. The car would crank, but is EXTREMELY lean with the 75lb setting as in you could not give it gas without a stumble and nearly dying. I had to move the injector size back down to the 50lb setting to get the 75's to run decent.

Any ideas on this? Just wondering if that is the normal behavior on these injectors or if there might be something else causing this.

Also, cant get the wideband 02 to show up. Sensor is fairly new, but sat up for a year or better. Is it possible to have to reconfigure the sensor again?

2. Anthony Fury

Injector opening time might be a lot different between the two - ask RC what they recommend, but that's where I'd start. 1/2 a millisecond for opening time makes a BIG difference.

3. Anthony Fury

P.S. You will probably have to rework parts of your map anyway - it's never as easy as changing a number.

4. Tactile

Do you have the *opt file or is that a serialized o2 from fast?

5. redc4

It is the serialized o2 sensor. Do you know of anywhere I can download a copy of the *opt file? Will this file allow the use of any NTK L2H2 sensor even if its not purchased from FAST???

Thanks

6. redc4

Also called RC and they said these injectors have a delay of 1.4ms. Currently I am set to 1.2ms for the MSD 50's so I am gonna give that a try.

7. Tactile

yes it will & you have to get it directly from fast as the opt files are ecu specific. its like 25 bucks and they will send it to you via email in a few days, gl

8. redc4

Got the sensor to work. Actually the connector got warped a little and needed a little persuasion to seat fully. :bang: