1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Passenger side injectors not firing.

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Scones, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Scones

Been banging my head against a wall for for almost 2 weeks trying to figure out why my car wouldn't start. It's almost the end of the season and I'd really like to get it to the track. Finally found out why...it's only getting fuel on the driver's side bank of injectors...the other bank isn't firing at all. Each injector is getting 12v+ and I've tried a different eec with the same results. Also made sure those salt and pepper shaker connectors were making good contact with each other. What should I be looking for next?

2. pdonk93lx

Is it the 86 in your sig? If swapping in a new ecu did nothing, you will need to check continuity from the injector connectors to the ecu connector. If you find there is an issue, test from the injector plugs to the engine harness connectors (salt and pepper) and from them to the ecu connector. That is the only break in the circuit. If you have confirmed 12v on all 8 injectors then you will have an issue in those 4 injector signal wires. Did you check the resistance across the 4 bad injectors? Any chance a critter got into the car and had a wire insulation dinner, mice seem to love that shit for some reason.....

3. Scones

She runs!!! Turns out it was the eec after all. It donned on me this morning that when I tested the injectors with the new eec I had forgotten to put the distributer back in lol
    Now I just have to redo the lower intake gaskets as they are leaking like a sieve and and fix my transmission coolant lines as they are leaking pretty bad too....