1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fast EZ EFI multiport...

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mustang-junky, Oct 11, 2011.

1. mustang-junky

In my area there are no chassis dynos closer than a three hour drive, because of this getting my car(s) tuned correctly has been a challenge. I came across the FAST EZ efi multiport(about $800) on the internet a couple days ago and got excited about its self tuning ability. Then I see that it only has a 1 bar map sensor and can't be upgraded to a 2 bar sensor. There explanation;

"The engine can go into boost in many different ways depending on whether it's turbocharged or supercharged," say Turnpaugh. "Boost can be almost immediate on a Roots supercharger, and the system would have absolutely no time to tune before it would go lean. So it was decided it wasn't safe to try to do a self-tuning system for that application."

Read more: http://www.musclemustangfastfords.c..._install_and_setup/viewall.html#ixzz1aX5NZCqc

I wonder how much slower reacting the Fast ez-efi would be compared to a stock EEC-IV mass air mustang computer? Would a low boost application be OK with the EZ-EFI deal, or are they trying to push you up into there more expensive line of products? I was thinking about this set up for my daily driver, it has a stock 5.0 with ported GT-40p heads and intake, and a HP turbo kit pushing about 10#s of boost. Any thoughts on the self tuning stuff. Thanks.

Jess

2. ducatibrian

talk to duece64 (dennis) on here about a holley hp system. you will be better off for what you are trying to do.
    ezi efi was not intended to to be anything but a basic nat aspirated crate motor / stock motor type set-up up to certain power levels.

3. yellowpony

Bingo, call and talk to him. I can't say enough about the holley. Dennis didn't have the chance to put mine on the dyno due to engine issues and time, and only street tuned the car on 7.5 psi. He did his own base fuel map based on what he thought the car would need at higher boost. Never tuned it on higher boost, took it to the track, ran 12psi and the Holley did it's thing. After the 2nd pass the Holley had it tuned so well it was only pulling 7% of fuel from the base map, transfer learning to base and bam, done.

Anthony

4. TurboNova

Why don't you look at the FAST XFI, it has all the same self learning stuff as the EZ EFI does but can run with boost and has the ability to be tuned with a laptop.

Whatever you do buy from someone who will help you no matter what way you go. This is often the most over looked item when buying a EFI system. Even if you pay more you are way better off buying from someone who knows what they are doing and can help after purchase.

5. ducatibrian

this especially... ;)

don't forget turbonova and the xfi, great system as well :angel:

:D