1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Thinking to switching to a megasquirt 2

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mat50ho, Sep 20, 2010.

1. mat50ho

I currently have a a9l with a tweecer rt. I have no problems with it all the cars runs and drives like stock. I am thinking of switching to megasquirt for better spark control during boost and the ability to run 160 lb injectors Since I run e85 and my 80lbs are near maxed with 60 psi base and 12 psi of boost. I am planning on adding a r block 347 and running 20-25 psi with a d1 procharger. I am thinking to using the plug and play 5.0 Mustang MS2.

How do you guys like the megasquirt?

How long does it take to get the car up running using the plug and play system to get a good drivability tune?

Is there any good reading other then the manual to get a newbie started?

Any tips or input would help!

Mat

2. draggsxr1000

Its takes about as long to remove the passenger kick panel as it does to install it. Run one vacuum line and your up and running

3. mat50ho

I was looking for for more input on the tuning side of how long it take to get a good driving tune?

4. mat50ho

Anyone running a MS with 160s with e85 and have good staring and low throttle cruising?

5. Wallace

I started out with 120's and e85 I maxed them out at about 20 lbs. Switched to 160's and had to open the throttle up a bit to get a clean idle, it idles around 950 rpm. Startup's worked fine after I fiddled with it a bit. The 160's are definitely more sensitive than the 120's. Cruising was the same I had to remove a lot of fuel but they were just as responsive as the 120's were.

6. mat50ho

What year car are you running the ms and 160 on? and what brand and type injector?

Thanks Mat

7. Wallace

It's 85 Mustang with 3.8L v6. The 160's are the Ford Racing ones.

8. wesk

At that injector size, I would spring for the ms3 if budget allows. I have ran 160's with an MS2, but you MUST run 1 squirt/cylinder/cycle (in a batch, so only 1 fuel calculation/event per rev)You give up a decent amount of transient response when you do this, and some engines are quite sensitive to it. It does work "OK", but is certainly not ideal. You have a car that is already wired for sequential injection. Spring the extra 200$ for an MS3/MS3x setup, get sequential fueling (1/2 fuel events per cylinder/rev), and internal logging to an SD card. I promise, you will be VERY happy you did.