1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cant Sinc dist with AEM

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by EvilGooses, Jun 28, 2006.

1. EvilGooses

Everytime I pull the spout to set the timing the car dies. Everytime :bang:

2. Lucky13

Thats not much info.

3. EvilGooses

I dont know what else to say.

The timing on the AEM will be 10.07 before starting the motor. After its started it registers 19.91 on the AEM.

When I hit the balancer with the timing gun it shows the car is at 10*BTDC.

As soon as I get ready to pull the spout (guess what happens) YUP! it fucking dies!

As far as I know when someone unplugs a spout the computer is no longer in control of the engine's timing. It was fine before AEM

4. EvilGooses

I sort of managed to synch the timing with some advice of Underpsi68. I wasnt able to pull the spout without the engine dying but I did get the balancer to zero and the AEM to 0.12.

My AEM WB is around 14 or so at idle. I tried "follow ECU" with the - and + and it seemed to affect the wrong areas of the fuel map. I didnt save it.

I had my AEM 5 bar MAP improperly loaded. A friend set the fuel map for the bad MAP setup and between the two of us we missed somethings. Henry at AEM got me to set the MAP to its proper values at the expense of my fuel map!
    I cant access info on how to make corrections in the fuel map. Page 87-88 of my manual causes both my desktop and laptop to freeze! I was informed that those pages arent important anyway?

Before I was able to drive it a block or two to get an idea of whats up. (Im very new at this) Now the AEM WB will lean out terribly when I give it gas at idle. It stutters and pops out the open downpipe.

I have a turbokit on the stang. Im not sure but I think thats why the car runs sooooo hot.

I have a DC controller set to 180* with a Mark8 fan and Summit two core. It still isnt enough to stop the car from getting to 210* on my temp gauge. It gets so hot that when I lean over it my gold chain burns my neck! Im not short or close to the motor either - just under the hood!

Any ideas?