1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

factory corvette oil cooler, where to return the coolant to?

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by actmobmar, Nov 5, 2014.

1. actmobmar

i used a corvette oil cooler that bolts on the block under the oil filter, and the oil filter threads onto it. it has 2- 1/2" hose barbs on it for coolant in/out. i have coolant in attached to the block drain in front of it. currently i have the return attached to where the petcock used to go in the radiator. i'm thinking this isn't a good way to do it, as the coolant temp is no longer regulated. i was thinking that it should be teed' into the line for the heater that returns to the top of the water pump. any thoughts?

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

What about taping back into the radiator, or the return hose?