1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Factory 5.0 Fuel Rail HP Rating, HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Turbocharged88LX, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Turbocharged88LX

I installed an A1000 with a -10AN feed and wanted to know how much HP the factory fuel rails on an 88 5.0 mustang can handle @ what boost level. Also wanted to know what HP a -6AN return can handle if i use the factory fuel rails. Thanks agian guys!!!! :2thumbs:

2. Andy Dorsett

From what I understand you can go up to 42lb injectors with stock rails. Bigger than that and you can have balance issues. The power level you can achieve depends on the fuel pressure you use. An FMU will increase the capability of the stock rails just like it does the injectors. 42lb injectors with an FMU can make over 700Hp.

3. 347notch

i had a 255 intank with a t rex and made 540 at the wheel with 42s, started running out of fuel at that point.....that was at 15 lbs of boost.