1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Sunglasses. Who wears what, if any??

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Kellyo77, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Kellyo77

Just wondering who wears what. Cheapo Walmart specials or Oakley, Ray-Ban, Costa Del Mar, Maui Jims etc.

I have owned a pair of Costa Del Mar for a few years now. Absolutely love them. They have green polarized lenses. A while back I had a small altercation in a vehicle and the frames were broken, lenses were damaged. Basically destroyed to the point of needing new ones. I sent them back to Costa and they replaced the whole things with a completely new pair for a whopping $35. I paid almost $200 for them new. Maybe it's just me but, I am highly impressed with that. That alone will keep me wearing this brand. Not to mention they are just awesome sunglasses. I tried many other pairs but, these are by far the best for me.

2. furchaser

Oakley for me ,, cheap ones give me a head ache if I wear them to long.

3. Agent86

Oakleys here cause they have very dark tints and they are great for driving

4. stangman9897

I wear prescription with polarized lenses for driving all day so i can also read and have Costa Del Mar for fishing but i could not see up close to tie a knot and someone told me that they will do them in prescription if you send them your prescription so now my Costa's are 425.00 but the best of both worlds.

5. SlowJoe

Oakley

6. oso

I wear prescription sunglasses, they're regular Nike glasses with prescription tinted lenses.

[​IMG]#ad

7. ronlp

I have glass-lensed Ray-Bans for 'nice' use, plastic Bolles for work and other stuff where damage might occur since they are only a hundred bucks. I did send the RBs in to have a chipped lens replaced recently, and they fixed them quickly, but it cost almost as much as the Bolles, lol. Both have amber tints, and I would never wear anything that wasn't polarized.

8. Anthony Fury

Going on 3 years with a pair of amber polarized Maui Jim's. (Look sorta like Aviators.) They were just north of $200. Of course they work very well as "sunglasses," but to me, where they really "shine" is on an overcast day...instead of everything being a big gray blob, they sort of outline everything and make stuff pop out. I can't imagine driving with anything else. Also, I love the fact that the arms are tightly spring loaded - you can do jumping jacks without them flopping around, but aren't uncomfortable after wearing them for hours.

9. Mr. Dew

I bought the fancy Transitions lenses when I got my last pair of glasses. They don't work for shit. They are UV activated, which is fine except most cars have UV filter glass in them. So they don't work in cars which is where I needed them the most. Went to Target and bought the $15 clip on jobs for them. Viola.... presciption sunglasses that work.

10. Kevins89notch5.0

Oakley polarized Whiskers.

11. gotageta5oh

Oakley...

I have 4 pairs to choose from. My eyes are so sensitive to sunlight I wear sunglasses practically any time I am outside during the day even on overcast days..

12. Unatural

Spy M2

I've had a few different pair for several years now and like them a lot. I don't even think they make them anymore though. Mine are a matte red frame with amber lenses.

edit: I forgot I had this picture. My boy snagged them last week and tried them on. :D The lenses are actually mirror, but because of how the light was hitting them, it doesn't look like it.

glasses.jpg #ad

13. Kevins89notch5.0

I'm the same. I can't function outside for ANYTHING without my sunglasses.

14. Skyl3rM

Have some oakleys that I never wear...

15. db1994

Hell yes.

I mainly switch between a pair of Titanium/Titanium polarized Whiskers and a pair of Costa Del Mar Blackfins.

I highly recommend both.

16. Tx_Cat

Ver since my LASIK operation, it's a must for me to have sunglasses. I swore I would never spend too much money on glasses but I lied. I have two pairs of Oakleys: Hybrid M-Frames and Oil Rigs. Awesome glasses.

17. Agent86

I had a pair of whiskers but for driving, the glare that comes in the side is annoying.

So, i had a friend in the US send me a pair of Flackjacket XLJ with the fire irridium polarised lense.. Awesome for driving even on overcast days! and no side glare

18. coupe8850

spy mc.
    they are discontinued so i have to move on after i lose these.[

19. db1994

Yeah, for driving, fishing, boating, biking, etc. I use the Costas because they have better coverage.
    I also have 3-4 pairs of various older Oakleys (XX Juliets, Mag Switches, Big Squarewires, and an E wire) but they just gather dust currently.

20. gdiddy

I go to bali once a year and fill a back pack full of $3 oakley and raybans ,yeah you cant see out of them and there to tight but im just doing my bit support the economy.

8-6-2010 110.jpg #ad