1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Budget FPRs

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by malibuguy, Feb 16, 2019.

1. malibuguy

I am going to convert my car from returnless to a return with a AFPR with a 1:1 ratio.

I have everything from my old car minus the Aeromotive AFPR i used to run. I was considering getting an Ebay special to offset the cost of having to buy new braided lines as mine are too old and breaking down.

Anybody have any experience with the knock off stuff?

2. Jon1440

I run an Aeromotive myself. I personally spent the extra money when I had to make the choice. My thought process was, if this cheaper regulator doesn't perform when I need it to, there could be a chance of leaning out the motor. If your boosting, then I would buy a decent unit. Bad luck garage on YouTube made a video using an ebay unit. But he has made no comments if the unit is still performing like it should.

you might try craigslist, or something similar to see if someone is selling a good used unit also.

malibuguy likes this.
  3. Forcefed86

malibuguy likes this.
  4. ss496

Whats the application? Can you use a stock unit? Im cheap and dont use aftermarket stuff unless I have to.

5. fastspec2

+1
    I've also used the knock off aeromotive units and never had a problem.
    If you want to split the difference summit has a self branded made in china aero knock off for a hundred bucks. Its nicer then the ebay versions and the return hole is actually 1/4"-5/16" instead of 3/16 like I've found on some of the ebay ones.

6. T6Rocket

What stock unit are you referring to? Hopefully a boost referenced FP regulator for a turbo car and not an N/A unit. They are fairly rare, and usually bolt onto a specific fuel rail, no A/N fittings on the OEM stuff.

Al

7. Disney Lincoln

I think he was saying that most stock FPR will be a 1:1 boost reference.

8. ss496

Yup

9. malibuguy

Well I got handed a stock turbo starlet fuel rail so i am going to use that instead of aftermarket. Gotta save those pennies!