1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

F/IC without Cam Control (Dual VVTi)?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 06Yaris RS, Mar 6, 2019.

1. 06Yaris RS

Hi.

I was speaking with the guy that would be tuning my car. He really seems to know his stuff and has tuned with the FIC before. He said that I would not need to have the FIC control the timing with the turbo setup that I'm planning. It seems as though I would only need the FIC for fuel injectors, MAF, crankshaft and AFR. I'm guessing that VVTi (camshaft) timing and throttle (DBW) would be handled by the stock ECU.

I'm learning here, but I figured that allowong the FIC to retard timing would be a safety feature. What are your thoughts?

Please see my other post as it contains more info on what I was planning to do.

https://www.theturboforums.com/threads/2zr-fe-yaris-swap-aem-fic-wiring-questions.385560/

2. B E N

whats an fic

3. fastspec2