1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Leaning out cruise

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by Greg O, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Greg O

I run a ProCharger with a Carb Shop modified Holley 750. The idle AFR is high 13's and the WOT AFR is 10.4-10.9. A little rich but I want to keep it way on the safe side in case the meth ever acts up. I'll probably come down one more jet in the front to lean it a little bit.

My question is on the cruise...it is low 11s?? Not sure why it is so rich. How do I lean out the cruise without affecting the idle or WOT AFR too much?

Maybe that is not too rich but my plugs look a good bit black after a long drive.

2. blown385

I just go smaller on the primary jetting and compensate with larger PVCRs .

Are your PVCRs changeable ?

3. Greg O

No they are not, but I guess I could go up in jet on the secondary? Right now it is 69 front 80 rear.

4. blown385

You can also try larger idle air bleeds . Are they adjustable ?

5. Blownbird68

Let's see some pictures of your 69 8)

6. Greg O

I bet the air bleeds are removable but I have never messed with them. Which way do you adjust them to lean it? Trying to find my build sheet to see what bleeds are in it.

Here are some pics. The "action" shot was pre-blower. Need to get an updated wheels up pic. :D
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

7. Blownbird68

Nice car :2thumbs: I also have a 69 with a procharger and CS Carb.

8. blown385

Larger the air bleed the leaner it gets .

idle bleeds are the furthest away from the vent tubes .

9. blown385

Have you got the car on a 1/4 mile yet ?

Thing runs great ! 9.7s I'm sure .

10. Greg O

No 1/4 mile yet. My father in law used to trailer me and my racing buddy to Rockingham, NC (2.5 hour drive) about every year to get a 1/4 time slip. Unfortunately he passed away in December 2008. I don't have a way to tow it and while I drive 35 minutes to the local track every week, I don't have the guts to drive that far and risk breaking something.

Z-Max is only about an hour and a half away so I may try to get down there some time. A 9 second time slip would be sweet! :chacha:

11. blown385

Sorry to hear about your father in law . Maybe you could find a way to get it there , the 9 sec pass is a given . :2thumbs: I think well into the 9s . And on 8psi ! :eek:

I know how you feel about the trailer . There are some great tracks around here ( within 200 miles ) that I would love to visit , but it would suck to break that far away . It would be too tempting to push it to the max ! I think I have already broke everything there is to break at least once already . Some things 3 and 4 times . :D