1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

innovative motorsports lc1 wideband o2 questions

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by actmobmar, Dec 11, 2010.

1. actmobmar

hi, i have a couple of questions about the wideband kit from innovative, first, can i lengthen the harness that comes from the o2 sensor as long as i solder everything? the plug on the end of the sensor is big, like 1" by 1/2", really don't want to hack that big of a hole in my firewall!!! secondly, do i have to be careful w/ the placement of their computer(little black pigtail/box) to the proximity of the ignition sytem and msd box? thanks!!!

2. jim wingo

when i had mine, i mounted the box under the car, kind of inside the frame-Summit has some neat firewall plugs (split) you could dill a hole thru the firewall and use those seals

3. cat herder

No, don't mess with the wires between the sensor and connector. Wiring after that connector you can do anything you want.

Don't solder - use uninsulated crimps and double wall heat shrink. It'll be cleaner, waterproof, and a dry crimp maintains the current capacity of the wire unlike a solder joint.

4. 68mustang

gonna highjack this thread... can you hard wire an lm1 to come on with the key switch? right now mine plugs into the cig lighter and i switch it on everytime i start the car but want to put the box in my glovebox with remote gauge in the dash. i dont want to open the glovebox everytime i start the car

5. cat herder

Sure. Cig lighter is just 12v, center pin is + and outer shell is -. If there's a fuse inside the male plug you're cutting off make sure you either run it from a fused 'ACC' port in the fuse/relay box, or add one inline same rating as the original.