1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Extreme Velocity Carb Hat, O-Ring Vs. Gasket ? Does it really matter ?

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by Air Supply, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Air Supply

Their carb hats, you can get them in either O-Ring or Gasket. Does it really matter or is it just preference ?

2. Air Supply

nevermind, it seems I need the o-ring version

3. mustang-junky

care to share how you came to this decision?

Jess

4. Air Supply

I searched around on here. I'll be boosting 30+ psi and don't want to worry about tearing gaskets.

5. twofast

i use a felpro gasket that has a steel core.

6. Air Supply

It just seeme like for the money I'd throw at a hardcore gasket, I can use that money for the O-Ring Hat.

7. onefastermonte85

eh.. that O ring is a pain at times to keep it on. I have no clue how well it works... I'd say look into the new bonnet that is offered because it has the spacer already welded to the bonnet :) and NO DIVIDER :)

8. Air Supply

I don't have room for the spacer :'(

9. onefastermonte85

i barely have room with the 1'' spacer the ev bonnet and a 1'' carb spacer, with a 4'' cowl hood.
    Thats with a holley strip dominator intake on a bbc. g body.

The bolt for the bonnet actually hits the hood, i may trim the carb spacer down a bit if able.
    That is the way to go.
    i took the carb spacer off and my afr was drastically effected. My engine shop guy said with strip dominator runner's they generally like having a spacer of some sort under the carb.

I know convo has said a bonnet spacer is more important then a carb spacer but both would be ideal. If hood problems are occurring i'd say COWL :) would be the way to go.