1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Experts? Eboost2 not regulating boost. Need help in understanding it.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by KEVINS, Oct 4, 2016.

1. KEVINS

Last year Eboost2 was working to regulate boost to 25psi. Over the winter we redid all the turbo piping to speed up spool and make a cleaner installation and now boost can't be controlled with eboost2. We set the SP1 value to 5 to start with and boost would spike to 25psi before he could let out of the throttle. This was the scene no matter what SP1 value was programmed (0 to 15). We eventually disconnected the hose going to the solenoid to run off the WG springs and boost was steady at 18psi.

Tripple checked all boost lines and they are correct and in good condition. Checked electrical wiring to solenoid and it works/clicks.
    See diagram below for my setup.

I bench tested it today using my air compressor (Sp1 = 15 and GP1 = 5) and regulated the air compressor down. At a steady .7psi on the eboost the solenoid just starts clicking. I then regulated the air to 10psi on the eboost and the solenoid is clicking faster.

Q1: Once it starts clicking shouldn't air be exhausted out of Port 3? I'm not getting any air through that port (checked with soap bubble) while the solenoid is clicking and from my understanding air should be being exhausted through that port? Solenoid bad?

View attachment 670645

IMG.jpg #ad

2. KEVINS

Never mind. My test apparatus wasn't quite setup correctly.
    I also think it may be overboosting due to the heavy WG springs.

ks