1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Canted Injector Intake Video-WOW

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by eades5.0, Feb 26, 2011.

1. eades5.0

Another first for Moran Motorsports - CNC canted injector boss intake design for high horsepower cars needing 2 injectors per cylinder with limited room and only wanting to run 1 set of fuel rails.

Super cool!

2. RI85GT

wow, it's amazing that the single rail can provide adequate fuel to all injectors.

Nice !

3. Mr. Dew

Dare I ask what kind of power that will support; because that is a really impressive rig right there.

4. MONTEGOD7SS

They keep it up and they're going to be flowing Top Fuel amounts of fuel through a single rail. That is insane.

5. PaulF

That is freakin' AMAZING! I just watched that video three times I thought it was so cool. Thanks for the vid!

6. 10secgoal

Did anyone else think "Shit, I hope that's not gas?" Getting old if the first thing I think of is safety.

7. Agent86

is it just me or do the injectors on low DC sound like a rumpy 8 idling?

8. Turbohwagon

Mine are kinda noisey.

9. slowboat

nah, means your getting smarter. I was wondering the same thing.

10. MONTEGOD7SS

I was hoping it WAS gas.

11. eades5.0

No prob, it Wow'd me so I fig'd some of us here would appr it!

12. Unatural

I was thinking the same thing.

I've always thought this video was badass too!!

&feature=related[/url]

13. Kerrdogg

Now lets see it with 30 psi of air pressure in the runners! When I was playing with direct port NOS we used to spray the intake open, you see a lot of differences but when the engines turning 5,000 rpm they don't all matter :) .

14. RI85GT

That's a good point

15. Drac0nic

You know what else is really amazing to me are the injectors themselves ( think the actual purpose of the video) Those things look like they're rebuildable if I had to gess.

16. 73maro511TT

They are rebuildable. They are also 500 lb per hour. That's 8000 lb/hour of fuel flow. I read that it takes 1.2 pph of methanol ( which is what these injectors were designed for) to make 1 horsepower so you are looking at approximately 6500 horsepower worth of flow. Now with boost, and running rich tunes, I'd say it'd still support 4000 easy.

17. stangfreak95

awesome video.how power would you need to push to have to use that?dare i ask the price tag?

18. eades5.0

3000hp
    I think they are a couple hundo a piece

19. 73maro511TT

200 a piece for the smaller ones. 450-600 lb per hour are 300.

20. Anthony Fury

HAHA, buy one and run your car on it instead of buying 8x 75# injectors!!!!!!! Cheaper AND rebuildable!!