1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

When you are executed by the state....

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Anthony Fury, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Anthony Fury

...they haul you away in this.

[​IMG]#ad

Maybe you'll think twice about killing someone next time?

2. Traction Issuez

3. Anthony Fury

Oh, you'll pay. Don't think you won't pay.

[​IMG]#ad

4. Cox Abele

Now I don't know the origin of this thread, but my family owns a funeral home (someone from here actually picked up a rolling chassis from the back garage). It's now defunct with my uncle being dead and all, ending the partnership with my father.

Not sure if you all are aware, but funeral home owners are generally on call 24/7. Now with the invention of pagers and cell phones, they are no longer held to live at the building to take calls. Both of my brothers were raised as babies in the funeral home, but my family moved out of the funeral home a year or so before I was born. On my sick days from school, I'd spend my time resting up in the upper apartments. On days that I did attend school, I would hitch a ride with my old man while he was on his way into work in the morning.

We owned two body movers- an 87 extended Dodge Caravan with a roller deck, clad in curtains and all. The second was an 88 dark blue caravan that could have a roller deck locked in where the two aft seats would sit. Every day I rode to school, I did it in a body wagon similar to the above. Bare in mind, my old man was on call, so he'd run up to Detroit in the middle of the night to pick up a refrigerator, swing back through home to deliver me to school, then head into work.

Yeah... that wasn't a fridge.

I've got thousands of stories about the place... most people would turn their stomachs, but it's what I grew up with.

Did you know that cremains before the 80s weren't pulverized to the magnificent powder you bid farewell to? While emptying out the building, we were in legal possession of a number of non-deliverables that I had to move. They sound like a box of shake and bake, especially the standardized sized boxes that weren't entirely "full."

5. Traction Issuez

:D

6. Anthony Fury

Heheheh, I dated a mortician for a while. She was actually really un-creepy, but I had to sleep over at her "residence," a funeral home, when she was on call. People would call at 4 A.M. and she had to be there to tell them to call back in the morning. Good thing I didn't have that job or try and prank these people, bwahahaha.

7. PrecisionTurboMustang

It all makes sense now.....

8. mfpmax

All but one Caravan we rented was nice...the one that sucked was from Enterprise...so...it was destined to suck.