1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

exhaust sizing and divorced wastegates

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by GrimpalaTT, Feb 1, 2005.

1. GrimpalaTT

i curretnly have a 2.5" dual stainless borla setup on my car with no resonators and two flowmaster 50 series delta flow mufflers, shoudl i upgrade to 3" if im looking at making 500-550 FWHP or is 2.5" still ok and just get a 40 series muffler. secondly how loud is a divorced wastegate on a v8 :D

2. gt40_5.0

flowmasters are crap on a turbocharged car. U need to go with a straight thru muffler not a chambered one.

3. GrimpalaTT

i heard these may be the absolute best thing for a turbo V8.

http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/ES/ESHHM/Aero.html

anyone using them? if so how does it sound and perform?

and what about a divorced wastegate? :D

am i better off just puttin in a couple sets of resonators to keep sound down and still get teh exhasut out as fast as possible.

4. gt40_5.0

open wastegate is supposively loud as hell. I might have to do it on my setup. They have some people on here that have use a little 2" muffler that u can get from the auto parts store for the wastegate to quiet it down alot.

5. GrimpalaTT

i did a lil research this morning and im thinkin im gonna go with a set of 2.5" ultraflow mufflers and a couple small 1.25" lil custom made mufflers for my wastegates to keep that exaust seperate. i figure 3" duals is overkill unless im plannin on makin upwards of 550-600 RWHP.

6. GrimpalaTT

ordered em today, dual dynomax ultr flows, we'll see how they go, should be much better than a chambered muffler though.