1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

eworldsales1 , anybody bought from this ebay seller? Looking at a TT kit....

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Rickracer, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Rickracer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270983862346?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

[​IMG]#ad

Any input welcome, especially specific experience with this seller, but also anything pertaining to suitability for my combo: 355, 4340 crank, 4340 5.7 h-beam rods, ProTopline 230cc heads, K/B hyper pistons, Bowtie Vic Jr. intake, Crower 00426 solid roller.(250/[email protected], .579/.584 lift, 110° CL). TIA, Rick

2. MONTEGOD7SS

Those headers don't have the greatest reputation against cracking. It might be 321 stainless, or what the Chinese consider 321 stainless, but it's very thin and you'll wish you went a different route. I'd rather have a 12yr old Chinese kid welding me a mild steel header than a stainless one personally. If I were to do a SBC I would follow what the LS crowd is doing and just run cast iron manifolds. There are some decent aftermarket ones, but you'll be spending more money. If you want to constantly be fixing something the buy the cheapest Chinese stuff you can get, but if you want to drive it you're going to have to spend money on good parts in some key locations. Something like this, then do the up pipes yourself, or a set of S10 shorties flipped upside down.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Tru-Ram-S-B-Chevy-Stainless-Exhaust-Manifolds,5425.html

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/1982-1997-Chevy-S-10-Headers,8061.html

3. Rickracer

Thanks Monte, :thumbsup: , so if I did go with something like that, I might be best off to reinforce them right from the get go? This is a bracket car only, no street use (at least not in the foreseeable future), and I can weld up a storm, just don't have a tig to be able to do a pair of stainless headers from scratch. I can always upgrade later on, maybe even make a very similar pair of my own. Is there a particular reason folks use stainless as opposed to mild steel? :confused:

4. MONTEGOD7SS

Stainless is considered better for long term durability, but only if it's quality stainless. You won't find quality stainless in anything from China, so that rules cheap eBay kits out right from the start. You can't reinforce something that is just too thin to do what you need it to do. If you can weld then I'd go with a set of flipped mild steel shorties and fit your chassis and do my own up pipes to twins or a crossover to a bigger single turbo. All I see in that kit you posted is heartache from cracked and blown out headers, leaking gaskets, breaking cheap stainless hardware, etc. Everything has a budget, but you can get a good quality kit built cheaply, ESPECIALLY since you can weld good.

5. Rickracer

I appreciate the input, :thumbsup:

6. BoostedBadBoy

That is basically the kit I bought only for SBF 302. So far I'm 1300miles on setup with zero fatigue issues or cracking. The Cracking Monte is referring to is from a single turbo kit I believe from Dom which is under why not to use cheap Stainless 304. At least thats the one I think he is referring to. Which I haven't seen many cases of failure with that specific kit either. There is other members using this setup as well look in search for Ebay Twin turbo kit. But fair warning not every single one bolts right up. Some tweeks need to be made in some cases, mine pretty much went straight on for me though. It was a hell of a base kit and can't complain much about my ching chong kit. lol
    Word to the wise, as Monte said, I'd look at other avenue's for twin turbo's as well too though. There is better quality stuff out there for good deals. About that seller, I can say it shipped fast.. I did get sent the wrong Wastegates two different 38mm WG's that they never did make right. And they were useless anyway, because the headers they provide the SBF kit with has NO WG provisions like the SBC kit does that you have shown up there. So I was forced to spend more money and make what I had work. I spent $1200 with that prick and paid instantly with paypal and never even got any feedback from them when I left positive for them. ** before I realized 2 wrong wastegates ** they are based out of Michigan, and to make matters worse the DAMN TOWN I WAS WORKING IN... and asked if I could just bring them the wastegate to trade for the proper one and they wouldn't do it. They are middle man nothing more. I wouldn't recommend them.... plus they have zero mechanical knowledge other than what they read from brochure.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  7. jaredsamurai

when will these but fucks quit listing useless size information like trim and compressor ar like it tells you a fucking thing? Give me dimensions! jerk offs.

8. Rickracer

OK, so I emailed them to try to find out more specs on the turbos....I'm getting closer to having the funds to be able to pull the trigger on this deal, (Christmas bonus time is coming soon.....) :cool:

9. Gen1SVE

Because they don't have a clue and their chineese calipers dont work to measure anything any way.

10. stangman9897

All of that for $664 hell that should tell you something. I didn't know the little kid's even worked that cheap,shit im going to email the link to Chad he'll have a stroke.

11. jaredsamurai

agreed. one turbo should cost $664. not 2 turbos, headers, wastegates, gaskets and hardware.

12. BoostedBadBoy

Well, I hate to say it guys, but I have this kit in SBF form and turbo's in and of themselves work pretty damn good and the cheap ching chong WG and BOVs. Now the specs that remains to be seen, Because I don't think there is a single seller on Ebay that can tell you the true specs of it. But myself and a few others have tried these kits and besides mock up issues which myself I didn't have many problems at all. The kit isn't too bad for a noob. Now how the Chevy kits mock up I can't speak for it. But just to get out there and try it out, isn't a bad base. It taught me what I needed to know and shouldn't do when I made my kit for the new motor, and brand name parts. But honestly had I not have tried the ebay stuff man I would have never touched it I was fine spraying... lol Decided Turbo was the only power adder I didn't have nor knew much about. And came here to learn about it which I'm grateful to every member on this site.
    But Hell back in the day MasterPowers use to be an Ebay Name and went for those prices of which you speak of right now. People tried them figured out they were a pretty good quality turbo and now the price sky rocketed. These lil .50/.63 if that is the true spec of them, I cracked the case and broke it down because I was told they have metal shaving and everything in them. Nothing, They had lock tight on the threads and seemed to be decently made for what they were. Would it compare to a Garret hybrid T3/T4 same trim? probably not quality, but ET and power output, yes most definitely. Longevity of it? Unsure, so far I'm over 1300miles on mine and no major issues due to kit quality, nor turbos wg's or BOVs. Haven't seen any of the cracking, or even sag. This is on a car that has complete solid mounts as well.
    I'm not saying this kit is the shit, but just saying its shitty because of where it came from and the cost is fuckin idiotic if you haven't tried it yourself. If you don't want to, thats fine, but let people with real world experience chime in on these kits. Because I'm not saying good kit, good seller. I'm just saying it works and for the money to start out, its a good starting point. No the quality, won't be as good as a BG or Ponydown, Hellion etc. But you get what you pay for.. if you want a 9-10 second low buck budget build? This isn't a bad way to go... if your looking for all out race and sub 9 second passes and reliable.. this isn't the kit for you. If you want a show piece that you have to do zero work on bolt and go, this isn't the kit for you. But just know if you do buy this kit there are other costs needed, and your dealing with a middle man, AKA the seller Eworlds and I told you with my experience with them fuck sticks. And you may not get everything the first time, and have to deal with them. Myself, I had too. My buddies no they didn't..... but research the subject more before just going and buying one of these kits for fitting issues and what not especially for your vehicle.
    Now remember, this kit shown has no Cold side parts, or BOVs. No fuel stuff included, nor any sort of a base tune chip of any kind. And I'll tell you right now its probably still 304SS and they are lying because I'm the one that suggested to them to have it made of 321ss. They have no instructions and said they offer discount for anyone documenting their build. I told them you shouldn't be selling it if you aren't aware of how it even fits. The 1st gen kits had many fitting issues, the ones that are 2010 on up are much better fitting and a bit revised. And why I say its probably still 304 and not 321 is because there is zero change in price of cost. I'm not a seller of metal but I'm pretty sure a better metal costs a lil more ya know. lol
    As far as this kit? Honestly man, just save a lil more and get the kit you know you'll get the parts to and bolt right up. As far as I know there is no rebuilds to these kits for the turbo's and I think that may speak volumes of that quality. lol The cases are thinner than a brand names. It does serve its purpose but put to an equal brand name kit, it probably wouldn't produce the same power. It does however make the motor do what it needs to do, but who knows whats going on with the kit. I'll update as much as possible about my SBF Ebay Twin turbo kit and give real unbias results as they happen and more importantly and HOPEFULLY Don't happen as bad. lol But I'll be the first to admit if my car shit an impeller out... lol I don't care... it is what it is, but I had to try it. And it lets someone else know what they could be in for.
    Fast.... Cheap..... Reliable..... right now I'm fast and cheap so lets see if it can be reliable.. lol And no this isn't my only Twin turbo car now. :coolio: But had to start some where. But seriously man, these guys are right you should probably look else where too. But if your dead set. Roll the dice... and hope it works out for the best. Just please dear god stay away from that buttplug Chad from On3... lol You will definitely get fucked over there one way or another. lol

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  13. Rickracer

Thanks Boostedbadboy, pretty much everything you said is kinda what I suspected, this ain't my first rodeo, but it is my first turbo build on my own. I've done some work on some turbo cars over the 35 years I've been wrenching, even built an 87 GN motor with a GT60, but I didn't do the combo, just built what the customer brought me. I think it's best I try to learn with the cheap stuff, then upgrade as needed. I'm all about going maximum fast for minimum $$. Most folks wouldn't believe how little cash I've got in my race car, but I've got a lot of "sweat equity" in it. A friend of mine on another forum offered me an identical pair of headers for $70 shipped, I might take him up on it just for GP, :cool:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  14. jaredsamurai

badboy you've had the kit on for 1300 miles. Thats not really a testament to reliability. Ps I didn't even read your post.

15. Rickracer

BTW Badboy, have you figured out what the sizes are?? And can you tell me what kind of performance you've gotten out of your system?

16. BoostedBadBoy

Jared I could really careless if you read it or not. What matters is that its there. And 1300miles is no testament? There are brand name turbo's blowing to shit on first pulls on a dyno are you kidding me? lol I really don't care where its made as long as it works. Thats the whole damn point... get off the idea of just because it costs less its complete shit. Unless YOU YOURSELF have tried one of these and put it on, I really don't give a shit WHAT YOUR OPINION on the matter may be. The guy wants facts.... not thoughts. Give him some tech. Something useful..... I said I have it, they aren't the best of quality, but they do work. And have had no issues with them. Its tried tested and WORKING... so what if I paid half for my shit than you did for yours. Yours will probably last longer, but mine served its purpose and truthfully probably won't have any problems. So its a made in China kit... AND? It works...

Secretweapon likes this.
  17. BoostedBadBoy

No I haven't Rick, but I'll pop the case on one open tomorrow and check it out and put the wheel sizes up on here. Mine was advertised to be the .50/.63 T3/T4 Hybrids as well. So we shall see.... lol

18. Rickracer

Some pics of your setup would be cool too, if you can swing it, :cool:

19. stangman9897

If you look close enough you will probably find a crack and not have to crack it open.

• .57 compressor wheel trim mapped for low & high boost setups. I like that part it's mapped but they can't tell you what size it is. lol

20. Rickracer