1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

equal length shortys!!!

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by MarkS, Jan 9, 2006.

1. MarkS

When using flipped shorty's for a dys turbo build, are there anyone using equal length headers? In pictures I have seen they are always non equal length used. Do the equal length present a clearance problem etc ? Any info appreciated. Thank you.
    Mark

2. fiveohhohh

The equal lengthes hit the strut towers. I had a set when my car was NA so I tried to flip them and.....no go!!

3. 91LX

i am using equal length mac shorty's and had no problems, other than the oil filter reloater but i think that is with any shorty that is flipped. Here is a pic during the build up.

4. fiveohhohh

I had my headers pointed upwards. also mine come out quite a bit farther from the flanges than yours do.

5. MarkS

Thanks for the advice guys. Much obliged !!
    Mark

6. 87vert

what about getting to the plugs with them, i know its a pain with them the right way.

7. flatfoot78

I'm also using equal length shorties, BBK's, they are flipped upside down and there is one spark plug on the passenger side that can't be changed w/o removing the header PITA. Also think 90 degree plug boots and heat shield sleeves.

8. 91LX

I can change all of my plugs with the whole kit in place.