1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

SBC Twin turbo S-10

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by RReynolds, Jul 15, 2008.

1. RReynolds

Thinking about a twin turbo blow thru carb set-up, Ran BBC on nitrous. but new to turbo thing. So looking for budget headers and turbo's
    i would like some help and input with headers and turbo's

2. turbof-100

well with the headers, when i did mine theres nobody who makes turbo headers for a fe motor so if you go through the sponsers portion of this website you'll rin acroos alot of helpful companies who can assist you with your headers i made mine myself and you can do it yourself as well the company is columibian mandrel or something like that but you can buy kits and get your exhaust done in a one stop...as for turbos you can look in the classified adds the forums has to offer you can find some deals in there...hope this helps and good luck with the build!!! :2thumbs:

3. Robert1320

Budget......

Let say you want a 1000 hp.

Can you motor support that power?
    Can you drivetrain support that power?
    Can you chassissupport that power?
    Can you fuel system support that power?
    Can you Wallet support that power?

Just being honest a lot of people deside the want to go turbo becasue they found a $300 turbo.
    Only to find they need another turbo to feed the motor they own. And never look at the total
    cost of the project.

4. Chacata

Right on Robert, i'm in the same boat. My car has a myriad of things to upgrade before putting the turbo in. I want my turbo car to be enjoyable.

5. RReynolds

Thanks for the heads up Robert, Running a BBC/glide camaro. It has good parts Neal chance converter/Pro-system carb/NX nitrous. So yes i understand about COST. Looking for somthing a little different.

6. Robert1320

OK, how much hp you want?