1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Meth kit..

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by conbread, Jun 19, 2011.

1. conbread

how much AF affect are you guys seeing when the meth kit is pumping?? i just picked up a AIS dual nozzel kit and was going to run 93 pumpgas and pure meth(to add the octane) in the AIS kit..

2. underpsi68

What size nozzles? Will the pump be running full voltage?

3. conbread

yes the pump will be running at full voltage, and has 2 625nozzels, may just start it out on 1.. i have been reading and it seems rodney says to run mostly water so it doesnt affect AF quite so much.. but i was looking for it to add the octane, but would hate for the pump to quit and burn her down..

4. Bad Medicine Racing

I forgot to turn mine on during my last trip to the track. Needless to say, it didn't fare well. To answer your question, I don't remember what my AFR went to, but I do know I had to take out 3 jet sizes in the rear using -20º windshield washer fluid.

5. conbread

that is the reason my kit will have 12volts when the key is turned on!!! sorry about the bad luck..

6. Bad Medicine Racing

Mine started out that way, but I had it on a switch so I could turn it off during the burnout. The mop guys would give me dirty looks when it would drizzle a little fluid out when I let off after the burnout. It will be going back on the ignition when the motor goes back in. The directions that come with the AIS kit explicitly state to put it on the ignition, and I should've left it that way. Live and learn, one slip of the memory, and it costed me a piston...but I had been planning to build another motor anyway, and this was just an excuse to do it sooner lol.

7. conbread

i also run my electric water pump off the key so i dont forget it.. looks like i will be running a 30/70 or mabey a 50/50 mix... cant wait to get this thing done..

8. underpsi68

I run 2 625ml nozzles with the Snow 220psi pump with a 75/25 meth/water mix. It pumps a LOT of fluid. My A/F drops about 3 ratios, not .3 but 3.0. And this is on a 900hp setup. On your setup 2 625 nozzles with straight meth is a TON of fuel.

I don't run a carb. I have a few safeties built into my efi program. Not sure if I would try that much with a carb.

9. cobrasan

have you thought of running on nozzle before the turbo and one after?

10. underpsi68

It didn't make anymore power that way. Everyone that I know that tried before the compressor was disappointed. Its more hype than anything. Pre tb works just fine.

11. conbread

wonder how it would work with 1 before the intercooler and 1 right before the carb??

12. underpsi68

The same lol

13. GOAT8U2

IMO, running Meth is an advantage in many ways, not only the ability to cool the charge more than water, due to the amount you can run without bogging the engine, but the extra fueling at WOT takes a load off your fuel system which the turbo adds onto it (especially if E85).

FWIW, 625ml is equivalent to 10gph Nozzles that the other kits are based off of. Nozzle size is usually based off of CFM and/or the amount of psi you're going to run. Twin M10's or 10gph nozzles isn't much for a large turbo pushing 15psi or more or a smaller turbo pushing 20psi etc. IF you can monitor MAT temps than you can tune the flow even better, not much gain, arguably a loss, going below 70 degrees at WOT in 3rd.

Pre-turbo injection is proven to work, it adds 1psi back to the compressor map and lowers temps around 11 degrees. Adding a 1gph nozzle of pure Water or 2gph of Meth or 50/50 isn't hard and worth the 1psi gain IMO.

14. underpsi68

I have never seem any gains in hp pre injection, nor have any of my friends. The dyno or track doesn't lie.

15. Greg O

Running a nozzle pre compressor is a huge benefit IMO. Not a difference in power, but when I moved a nozzle pre blower the car became a TON more consistant bracket racing. It runs the same number whether hot lapped or with 40 minutes between runs. Prior, it would fall off a tenth when the compressor got hot.

I run a 14GPH nozzle pre-compressor and 2x 3GPH in the hat. Use -20* washer fluid. When I bypassed the 6GPH in the hat it made maybe .1 difference in AFR. Not sure why some guys are seeing 3 whole numbers???

Rodney estimated that if my whole 20 GPH quit it would only make about .5 difference in AFR.

Also, you don't want to run pure meth....big time fire hazzard. Invisible fire at that.