1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

nitrous+turbo ?'s

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by JJA2VALVE, Mar 30, 2014.

1. JJA2VALVE

not really considering it, but who sprays nitrous with their turbo application? and why? spoke with a guy about a month ago said if he had to do it again he would do nitrous over meth..

this is a 4.6 DOHC ford by the way

2. sumfoo1

Almost every import does it to help spool a giant turno

3. Turbo Drag Radial

I use it like a trans brake. I spray mine with 175HP hit until 10-11PSi and then it shuts off.

I set this up entirely for the track......but realized its as fun on the street from a roll.

4. sumfoo1

Does it feel like it's going to fall on its face for a second on the cut off or are you building boost so rapidly it doesn't matter?

5. Turbo Drag Radial

I have figured out the place where the transitition isn't as noticable.

I turn it off around 190KPA or 13PSI

6. sumfoo1

That's awesome!

7. JJA2VALVE

sorry guys been working a lot ---- im back turbodragradial whats your setup?.. and any videos of that thing leaving the hole?..... how hard was it to tune for it?

8. Turbo Drag Radial

91 Mustang GT
    418 Windsor - 10:1 compression
    Trick Flow Track Heats - ported myself
    232/232 Duration, 600/600 lift - 1.7 Rockers - 114 LSA
    TFS - R Intake + 90mm TB
    S488 Turbo from Exile (S400 with a 88mm Garrett comp wheel) - T6 1.32AR
    No Intercooler
    Homemade turbo kit (1-5/8 headers, 2.5" crossover, T6 flange, 3.5" aluminum cold side.)
    150lph Injectors
    Weldon 2025A Pump
    Sumped Tank
    MSD 6AL + HVC Coil
    FAST XFI + Crank Trigger
    AOD-e + Riddings converter + Baumannator Controller
    3.27 Gear + Motorsports TA Cover + 31 Spline Axles + Auburn Pro Diff + 5 Lug Conversion
    Bear 13" front brakes
    6-point MS rollbar
    Rear = Megabyte Lowers + UPR uppers + Homemade ARB + Strange 10-way shocks
    Front = Tube Cradle + A-Arms + Coilovers (14"-150) + 70/30 Lakewoods + CC plates

I built this car to run 9.50's on a 17" drag radial. Then I got caught up in some of the local street race stuff and the car ended up with slicks and front runners and then I put a dry NOS kit on it turned on/off with the fast. It turns on when I floor it and turns off at a desired boost level......think of it as a launch aid.

This pass was at a streetcar race I put on a couple weeks back.

1.40 - 60ft
    3.91 - 330ft
    5.96 @ 120 - 660ft

http://youtu.be/o7CimOxDFU8

9. Turbo Drag Radial

to answer the tuning question.....I added a bit more fuel and pulled timing when the nitrous is on.....but what you need to consider is the nitrous is only on for about a second.

Its hard to blow anything up in one second.

10. JJA2VALVE

the car is 1992 calypso notch

the motor is an 03 cobra motor with diamond custom pistons mild cam upgrade..BS3 engine managment ,th400 i did team z rear stuff< UPR front stuff ... how ever my goal was like yours in a way 9' on 17's so this is the reason im opening up options to make sure it can do it

11. JJA2VALVE

that thing goes so smooth.. can only wish this thing stays straight

12. daveczrn

the turbo spools faster with nitrous and. the nitrous also cool incoming air so there is less chance of Detonation. That's how it's replacing meth

13. sumfoo1

But the additional O from the n2o heats up the burn so.... I wouldn't count n2o going into the intake as an intercooler even tho it will drop intake temps.

bridal-shoal