1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

detonating, SC ? sorry...

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 93-bucket, May 7, 2005.

1. 93-bucket

I am back at trying to dial in this car, basically a 93 cobra motor with a stock pully s-trim. Something dawned on me last night trying to drive it though. If I floor it, the A/F goes rich, more then it should, once under boost, it will take off then detonate a touch real quick then continue on. I had a thought that maybe once under pressure its oushing oil into the cylinder and that is causing the detonation? I'm stumped, in theory, there is no way it is lean or too much timing adv.

2. Outlaw5.0

Most likely too timing much near the torque peak, retard the timing 2 degrees and see what happens. Also what is the a/f ratio?. What heat range spark plugs are you using?.

3. 93-bucket

A:F is running at about 10:1, just to ensure its getting the fuel, I know its way too rich. If I lock out timing at say 16* it will still do the same thing. 2* is nothing compared to the 5 that I was cutting out previously. Thats why I dont think its timing, what kinda timing should something like this run under pressure?