1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

engine oil cooler questions.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by nitrous_mike, May 7, 2005.

1. nitrous_mike

just wanting to know what are the better oil coolers to get. or is there even a good " cooler kit " on the market for under 200 ? also what size line should i go with ?

im planning on running this on my N/A high CR and hard blocked small block. the motor was running really cool on water temps befor when i had it running last time, but i fear once i put it on the street i will bake the oil with out a cooler.

thanks for any help, mike.

2. Bobby

FMS makes a nice for that isnt really expensive.

3. nitrous_mike

thanks, i may wind up getting that one. maybe i can get lucky and find a mullet head ( nascar ) take off that has bigger lines and passages.

4. Eric88T

I have an oil cooler setup for sale if interested.

5. nitrous_mike

sure, you can PM or email me
    This content is protected
    some info on which kind of cooler you have and the price.

6. duplox

you can look for trans coolers off trucks/RVs, those are some big guys and cheap. I picked one up, its 22"x6"x1.25" for $10 at a swap meet.

7. nitrous_mike

well my concern was that the passages would be to small on a trans cooler. a few people that i have asked in the past all said that i needed atleast 1/2" / #8 to make it all work out. but with that said i know the oil cooler kits i have seen in scummit and jugs all had #6 or 3/8 lines and fittings. then you look at what the mullet bunch runs and they all have #10 or #12 lines and big coolers.

i do run a HV pump so i know regardless which one i go with i will be putting AN lines/fittings on just so this sucker does not puke its blood out all over the road one day. well atleast not with out me chuncking a rod out lol.