1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Engine oil cooler kits

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mshred, Mar 4, 2013.

1. mshred

Hey guys,

Im thinking of running a remote filter and oil cooler setup for my stock block that is going to be filled to under the water pump holes and street driven. Although my car is N/A and nitrous, I thought I would ask here since I am thinking oil coolers are more common with the forced induction guys.

I see alot of mention about setrab oil coolers, but I just don't have that kind of cash right now. I was looking on ebay, and wanted your honest opinions from EXPERIENCE as to whether any of the coolers or kits that come with oil filter relocation mounts as well are any good?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...r+kit&_sacat=0

I know most of the stuff is cheaper chinese products, but I can't afford much and right now and i'd like to know from those who might have used this stuff if any of it works? Are there any vendors in particular with on there who have something worth looking into?

2. jt351

If you don't need to relocate filter don't. just run sandwich and oil cooler. I originally bought a ford racing one that came with simple hoses and clamps. didn't like that idea or look, found used AN fittings and replaced all with AN lines later.

3. Jeremy

I would cool the engine better before trying to just cool the oil. Bigger radiator and step colder thermostat works wonders for keeping the whole engine cooler, including the oil.