1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Engine Dyno's.

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by ltd351, Aug 12, 2009.

1. ltd351

Looking at setting up an engine dyno to test my own stuff, mostly testing turbo kits, variations in kit design, etc etc.

I'm after some advice from people who have used an engine dyno, what they thought of it, things to watch out for, which parts they like more than others, etc.

Thinking a stuska xs211 brake unit, and a data package from one of the many providers that do them. The rest would be pieced together and built by myself.

2. Boost Engineer

Smartest thing you could ever do is talk to Steve Morris as he has a custom Stuska set-up at his Engine Building/ Testing shop with his business partner Kyle Kirker.

http://www.neweraracecraft.com/

First class deal and they know all the tricks.

Tell him Tom Vaught sent you his way.

Tom Vaught

3. ltd351

Thanks Tom, being I'm in Australia its a bit hard to find time to call the US, but next time I'm up late i'll make a night of it.

4. ltd351

If anyone else has had/used an engine dyno please fell free to post up your experiences.

Cheers.