1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

EGR delete

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 96Tangg, Nov 5, 2009.

1. 96Tangg

Does anyone here now if i am able to delete the EGR code with a Diable Chip?

2. hotrodder_101

Chip or tuner? If you have a chip, I believe your tuner would have to do it. With the hanheld tuner, I do not know.
    Luke

3. jmstekguy

the 96 mustang ecu uses a chip not a handheld pred., and yes we have done it in the past with the cmr/diablosport software and custom burned chip.

4. 96Tangg

Yes I have the Diablo switch chip in the car not a handheld unit.

5. hotrodder_101

Your tuner or you need to go into the tune and turn the EGR off then write it to the chip. I just did this with my brothers car. He has a hanheld though. I just called the tuner and told him what I wanted. He emailed me the new tunes and I downloaded the free software off sct's site. And loaded them to the tuner and loaded them into the car.
    Luke