1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

EFI advice on a Supercharged 408 with an EEC IV

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 1974Cuda360, Oct 13, 2008.

1. 1974Cuda360

I am looking for tuning advice from any one that has a tweeked their EEC IV to run properly with a larger cubic inch motor like a 351 or a 408. Did anyone experience drivibility problems such as too much timing advance at part throttle when using an EEC IV on a larger cubic inch motor? And, how did you resolve these problems? I know that there are tuning options like the Tweecer and the PMS. I am interested in finding out what you have used to enhance drivability.

2. Drlee50

PICS OF YOUR CAR OR BAN!!!!!!! LOL

3. 1974Cuda360

Ok, here are some pics of the engine and the car.

Image-008.JPG #ad

Image-011.JPG #ad

Image-021.JPG #ad

DSC_0304.JPG #ad

4. underpsi68

I used the PMS with a 352 and a Vortech. Drivibility was excellent. Ran like a stocker. The PMS works great with the centrificals.

5. 1974Cuda360

Did you have to do a lot of tuning to get the engine to run like a stocker? Was the stock computer close or did it need a lot of tuning?

6. underpsi68

This will depend on your combo and how good of a cal your MAF has.

I was able to tune it pretty easy. Basically get the A/F right and adjust the timing till it runs smooth. I am also running an auto transmission so it would be harder for me to get bucking. I would recommend a good custom cam if you are worried about streetibility.