1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My twin 32/36 weber blow through project

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by slaus, Jun 16, 2022.

1. slaus

SO it has been 10 years since I joined but this is first posting on my project.
    1981 TE71 corolla, Built 3TC engine with twin 32/36 webers
    TERAN 3TC twin carb.jpg #ad

2. slaus

So in a bid to be more streetable and have better fuel economy, I am currently looking at boost referencing the power valves.
    Has anyone ever done this with their 32/36 carb??
    This is an idea I am working on but need some input

Weber 32-36 + 38-38 boost reference modification.jpg #ad

3. turboisuzu

wow! how does she run?

4. slaus

Well the last time it did 13.57 in the 1/4 mile on the streets with no traction in 1st gear, boost lag in 2nd, 3rd and 4th and hesitation in 3rd and 4th because I started to run lean, but I sorted the lean issue... Fuel is not an issue to support boost, my issue is unless you stay in the primaries or gradually ease into the secondaries, you run very rich down low if you decide to stop the accelerator at low rpm until boost hits..

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  5. slaus

DRAGY TERAN 13.57.jpg #ad

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  6. turboisuzu

that’s awesome congrats on your build

7. slaus

Thanks but that is far from awesome to me given all the issues and 15 psi boost to make that horrible time. lol.. Needs to be in the 12's as is so once I sort out the bugs, I think it should be there...