1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ebay type h/rfl bov

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by 1BadV6ThirdGen, May 11, 2011.

1. 1BadV6ThirdGen

i bought a ebay rfl bov for my turbo iroc and figured id disasemble and write up my findings.
    ive used these exact valves in the past and never had any issues so here we go

the bov comes with 2 inlet weld adapters one steel and one aluminim

1 1/4 od with 1inch id

inlet is also machined for a oring were the bov body attaches

comes with a machined bronze valve ( only issue i see here is a small vacuum leak as the difference between the valve andvalve bore in the bov is about .012 nothing lubing up the valve with some white or lithum grease cant fix

the valve itself has 1inch of travel in the body

bov body seems to be machines from a solid piece of bar stock but hard to tell as the whole body is machined ,could be a cast piece then machined after

all in all id say its a pretty decent piece

anyways here some pics
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. half-fast

i've also run two of those in the past and had no problems

3. 1badfox

Thanks for the review, I was planning on running one of these.

bridal-shoal