1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbo exhaust donut help!!!

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by MasonsTurbos10, Jul 23, 2015.

1. MasonsTurbos10

Hey guys, recently had my turbo go out. 3 junkyards around me didn't have one but I bought a Garrett on Craigslist.
    I had a Mitsubishi teo4h which has a 2.5" exhaust donut.
    The Garrett a/r42 I bought has a 2.25" donut.
    Can anyone tell me what I can do and what the proper way of fixing this would be.
    Thanks

2. Drac0nic

Personally if there's no housing contact I'd be looking for a kit for the Mitsu. Easier to work with. Otherwise you're probably going to have to cut/weld piping. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

3. MasonsTurbos10

The donut is in the same location, just a different size

4. Mnlx

Unfortunately this is where using a oem turbo bites you in the butt... Like Draconic posted repairing the original may be the best fix. Any pics of the two?

5. MasonsTurbos10

The donut is in the same location, just a different size

6. turbomalibuwagon

Hey are you talking about the downpipe flange ? If the garrett is from a d50 then just swap the 5 bolt adapter for the Mitsubishi one . Cause the flange for the manifold to turbine housing is a gasket 4 bolt flange. And the compressor used paper gaskets with both bolt on flanges

7. MasonsTurbos10

I am but am a little confused on what you are saying.
    [​IMG]#ad

New turbo
    [​IMG]#ad

Old. This is the donut I'm talking about.

8. turbomalibuwagon

Yep that housing bolts to the turbo with 5 bolts . Remove it and install the one from the old turbo on the new turbo.

9. MasonsTurbos10

Hopefully it'll work