1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Ebay Parts Drama!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Disney Lincoln, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Disney Lincoln

I won an auction for a set of "Holley 120 lb/hr Performance Fuel Injectors - Set of 8 522-128" off ebay. injectors showed up today and they are not what was shown or described. They look to be Lucas or Lucas "style" injectors. I've contacted the seller asking how he wants to resolve. I'm wondering how hard I should push this. Hoping Paypal and Ebay have my back on this, but i'm not very confident.

Pics of the auction vs what I received. Ebay Holley 2.jpg #ad
    Ebay Holley.jpg #ad

What I received today.
    20210111_132651.jpg #ad

2. Mnlx

I've gone through it a couple times. Recieved a partial refund once, and money back on the other. Ebay took care of me when I needed them. Hopefully the seller fixes it.

3. Disney Lincoln

He replied
    Then Sent another message
    Why go to texting?

4. Disney Lincoln

And just now

5. Russell

Pictures don't match at all. I bought a part last year that was not the part pictured contacted the seller I sent it back they refunded 1/2 my money? Opened a claim with ebay PayPal got my other half back.

Reread the post and make sure they didn't say something like these are not what you are going to get. As long as that is not in there.

I would give the seller a couple days to refund then open a claim. If you can prove the seller messed up and will not make it right paypal will give you your money back. Make sure all communication is thought ebay so it can be tracked.

I would squeak until I got what I ordered or my money back.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  6. Mnlx

If the refund/return goes through ebay which it MUST, ebay will take care of the shipping on his end.

7. Russell

I would not give him my cell phone number. It might have been a honest mistake but sounds like a bate and switch.

8. Russell

Always ask them to send you a shipping label if you are going to send them back.

9. Mnlx

Its automatic from my experience. As soon as you start a return claim and tag it as wrong parts or incorrect listing, ebay takes over. If the seller isn't a total douche it goes pretty quickly without getting PayPal involved. Being that he's already admitted that the parts could be wrong, I can't see ebay not taking your side if it gets ugly.

10. Disney Lincoln

Thanks for the replies, yall! I sent a message back asking to just refund me or send the right ones and i'll send these back after I get the right ones.

11. Mnlx

That may not fly, ebay policy is that the seller gets a set number of days to issue a refund after he gets them back. Make sure to add pics to your return claim if you haven't already.

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  12. Disney Lincoln

I tried to initiate a return but the seller had already sent a refund. Now asking for my paypal to send money to ship these back.

13. Mnlx

Something odd about that. Sounds like he's up to something.

14. B E N

I have had similar experiences recently with ebay. Keep everything within the ebay messaging system so they have a record of it. You should get a return label through ebay, use it. The ebay/paypal blankets will keep you safe. He may be inexperienced and trying to do right, but also could be a jackass.

You can forward the whole debacle to their resolution team and let them sort it out.

15. Disney Lincoln

So since he had already done a refund on his end before I could initiate a return I couldn't get an automatic return label. So he paypal'd me another $25 to return the parts. I shipped them yesterday and sent the tracking number back to him. I did everything through ebay messages. I sent too much for return shipping, so i'm $11 to the positive. I'll refund that to him once the package arrives and there are no shenanigans on the horizon.

How does one ship the wrong 120# injectors and not be able to find them? And the ones he sent come back to be a Lucas with Racetronix sells for the same price as the Holley.

16. B E N

Crazy stuff happens. I got shipped a t5 instead of a tr6060 once, junkyard employees scrapped the low mile tr6060 because they got confused.

17. Disney Lincoln

To close the loop: He sent me $25 to ship the injectors back to him. I did so that day. Cost me $13.10. They arrived on Friday. Messaged him today to make sure he got them, he replied that he did. I refunded $11.90 back to him. Hope he find the Holley squirters so I can buy them!

TTF/Ken likes this.
  18. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Great that it worked out! :)

19. Disney Lincoln

Semi-worked out. I didn't get scammed, so that's good. I still don't have the injectors I really wanted. Since i'm so close to startup now i'm just going to run the 80's that I already have. I'll have to change them out later with the new engine, but oh well.

20. Mnlx

Its good to see that they're all not looking to scam someone. It's usually the first thought on deals like this these days.