1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

blow off valve or no blow off valve on blower car

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by boost ranger, Aug 2, 2013.

1. boost ranger

first off let me say thanks to everyone of you guys that have answered all of my questions I couldn't have got this far on my first outing , so a few last questions befor heading off to get it tuned,after you guys got me straitened out last night with the H.o non H .o firing order it starts right up and runs good,now , I installed a blow off valve befor carb bonnet [its a blow thru with a csu carb s -trim or t-trim cant tell the difference ] do I need it or not ? have read conflicting stories ,second installed a intercooler also do I need it or not ?, reason imm asking is I had to put a 2" spacer between carb and hat to clear dist ,nice billet one from jegs, problem is it fits carb nicely but isn't same diameter as my ev hat ,car seamed to have much more power befor intercooler, hat is facing strait out front of motor it would be much easier to turn it to the 9 o clock postion with no spacer and a short strait shot from blower to hat , with or with out bov ? your thoughts ,one last thing afrs are 11.5 at idle and 12.4 to 13.7 at cruise but when I get on it it will jump up to 14.2 for a split second befor running steay at 11-12.4 soud about right thanks agin for all your help my first blower car it is awsum:bow:should add im only makin like 10 psi of boost pullin 2 degrees per pound

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. boost ranger

well removed intercooling and blow off valve and ran a 14" strait pipe to hat now I get 1 lb of boost what gives ? how can you tell if your blower is shot?