1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

eBay Compressor Upgrade

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by JustAsPlanned, Aug 7, 2019.

1. JustAsPlanned

Hi all, new user here. I have a Garrett T3 turbo that I would like to upgrade to a T3/T4, I found this on eBay while I was looking around.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/112676684896
    To me these look like knockoff parts, especially because the comp housing has that large flat machined spot that lots of Chinese turbos have their info engraved on. However I'm still interested in using this since I have a genuine Garret center section, so I don't think I have to worry about bearing or seal failure grenading the thing, and the quality of the parts doesn't look terrible. Anyone have experience with doing this sort of thing or with the seller? It looks like it's from Performance Techniques in San Bernardino CA. Thanks everyone!

2. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Doesn't look anyone does with this seller. That's the thing about Chinese knockoffs... you don't know who you're dealing with.

3. JustAsPlanned

Thanks for the reply! I actually got lucky and won this Garrett T04B V trim on eBay for $100. I'm planning on putting the compressor on my stock T3 hotside.I think it'll be a good fit for my motor, it's a Nissan 3.0L VG30E.

Screenshot_2019-08-12-18-59-54.jpg #ad