1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Cigars. What's in your humidor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by MONTEGOD7SS, Sep 11, 2012.

1. MONTEGOD7SS

I know Disney is a man with fine tastes in cigars, but surely there are more of you that are into them. My humidor right now has some Leons, Don Quixote, Don Kiki, Hatuey, and a bunch of Cuban Crafters house cigars. My sister-in-law is 100% Cuban, and my wife and her just got back from Miami Sunday for a little vacay. I told the wife she could go as long as she brought me back some stogies, and boy did she ever! The SIL is 1st generation American so all of her family are big time cigar smokers, and I'm trying to pattern my smoking around what they do.

Let's hear it, what do you all have in your humidors?

2. tonym

Acid - kuba kubas, maduro ones, blondies, wafe, liquid, earthiness.. Big fan of acids
    Cao - eileens dream small flavored smoke about 45mins to an hour.
    rocky patels - 2 maduros

3. stangman9897

Acid , your looking in the wrong box.

4. stangman9897

Let's hear it, what do you all have in your humidors?

Not to piss on your thread Monte, but i keep round plastic filters in mine that go in the hole in my neck that i breathe through after they cut my vocal cords out from smoking. :cheers:

I don't usually preach about it but if it helps one person from going through it its worth it. ;)

5. MONTEGOD7SS

Did you smoke cigars? If not, it has nothing to do with this thread. Cigars don't have preservatives or any of the other shit they pack into cigarettes. Sooo, I take it you don't have a favorite?

6. TT_05_Stang

Monica...

7. Disney Lincoln

My humi has about 20 different brands and sticks from various farms. Too many to list.

I will tell you that my personal daily smoke, my go to... is a Te-Amo World Selection SEries Cuba blend. I jike it in a Toro or Chuchill.
    http://www.bestcigarprices.com/ciga...n-series-cuban-blend-toro-cigar/317-16459.htm

Damn good smoke at a pretty good price!!!

I also just stocked up on a bunch of Cubans while I was travelling. :cowboy:

8. stangman9897

I did smoke a few cigars but 35 years of kools got my ass, but look at dipping or chewing it gives you cancer of the mouth and my Dr claims throat like me because its in your spit and when you swallow it goes down your throat. There is a guy that i see at my Dr's office sometimes and has a gauze pad taped under his nose and my Dr showed me one day , when he pulled up the gauze all he had was top teeth he had no bottom jaw, they had to remove his whole bottom jaw. Not from dipping but from chewing on and smoking cigars, shit i just thought i had it bad. Thats why my Dr showed me this so i didn't feel as bad about mine, the guy has to put his food in a blender and a big syringe and squirt it down his throat.

On a side note I have a customer that is 84 and smokes a pack a day for 60 years and drinks a pint of jim beam every nite and can run circles around most young people and has never even spent one nite in a hospital. I asked him why only a pint he said he has never bought more than a pint bottle in his life , because if he did he would drink more. lol
    It's in the genes , my mother had lung cancer and never smoked , just our second hand smoke. Shit just talking about it makes me want a cig. :)

9. stangman9897

Didn't mean to kill the thread, just had to put it out there 1 time. So please continue with the cigar posts i do find it interesting even though i can't smoke :)

Have you ever heard of a private label cigar ? My brother buys pipe from a big mill in Italy and says the Italian guy that owns the mill buys Cuban cigars from some old man that grows his own and hand rolls them and only sells 5000 a year at the price of $75.00 usd and this guy smokes 1 a day. Hell thats $375.000 a year for an old Cuban man not bad.

10. MONTEGOD7SS

All premium (around $2/ea and up) are hand rolled. In the U.S. the closest to a Cuban cigar you can legally buy is made from 1st generation seeds from Cuba, grown in the Dominican Republic and rolled either there or somewhere else besides Cuba. My Don Quixote and Don Kiki are made at Cuban Crafters in Miami by Cuban ex-pats from the above "Cuban" tobacco. Watch some Youtube videos on cigar rolling and you can see most of the people doing it have been doing it their entire lives. I would say I'm more of a cigar hoarder at the moment, but in the humidor they can just sit an age indefinitely if needed.

11. stangman9897

So a cigar won't go stale like an old pack of cigarettes will IF kept in a humidor. So is it legal for the guy in Italy to buy the Cubans or are they smuggled in the country.

Just to fuck with my Dr about a month ago i took one of the e-cigs with me and had it in my mouth when he walked in the room , thought the man was going to have a heart attack :D and then had to listen to a speech on why they are bad for you too.
    Ever notice all the good things in life are bad for you, smoking / drinking / food & women. lol

12. MONTEGOD7SS

AFAIK the U.S. is the only country to have a full embargo on Cuba. Any country I know of you can legally get Cuban cigars, for what that's worth nowadays. 50 years ago the best cigars in the World came from there, but today there are so many great cigars coming from Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic you can't really say Cuba is the best. For actual Cubans they are still used to the Cuban "taste", but with Cuban tobacco seeds being grown in other countries and roller by Cubans the lines are definitely blurred a little. I only smoke one or two a month, so I usually stick with big, heavy, 2 hour cigars to enjoy with some single malt Scotch.