1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

DIY Turbo Seal Replacement?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Z06killr, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Z06killr

Hey Guys,

Looks like i popped a seal on my PTE-88...smoke is billowing from the downpipe. It would smoke a bit on the high RPM's from excessive oil pressure....and i never got to putting in a restrictor...sooooooooooo how hard is it to replace these seals? Should i do them or just ship it off to Precision?

Thanks.

2. rl-

Does the turbo have any shaft play?

3. Z06killr

I'm waiting to take the turbo off the car to see if it does have any play....Precision mentioned the same thing.

Oil is leaking between the compressor housing and the center section of the turbo....i just went and looked at it.