1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

EBAY 1500-2500HP AIR/WATER INTERCOOLER, $216.00!!!!

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Turbocharged88LX, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Turbocharged88LX

Found it on ebay not to long ago mabey thinkin about getting one to try it out?? There in stock from XS POWER for $217.00!!!!

2. lteone

looks like a pretty small core for 1500-2500.. mabe more like 700-1000hp but for the pice dosent sound bad

3. Robert1320

That looks real small.
    This one is reated at 1900 hp at 36 psi from Bell Intercoolers.
    That is a 4 inch piston.

[​IMG]#ad

4. Turbocharged88LX

The listing on EBAY says it utilizes a 4" Inlet /Outlet I think overall size is 19X8X9

5. Robert1320

Oh, well it's on E-bay it must be true!

Sorry, nevermind my post.

6. turbocobra

I agree that the core size appears to be way small to claim 1500-2500HP. I would like to here some feedback from someone who has tried it though. I would like to try one on my 438/101MM setup.

7. Toma

I've bought a XSPower intercooler.... not that one... but in general, it PROBABLY will not have a huge pressure drop at big power because the internal fin count (at least the one I have) is VERY low. So, at that, it MAY flow as advertised, but it will not cool anywhere near as well as a "real" intercooler.

Also, the one I have is a copy of a old Spearco design I saw around, and no shit, It literally feels half the weight (ie, less thermal mass).

8. TT_05_Stang

but doesnt less fin count mean less surface area... and therefore have less cooling atributes... = less power support?

9. Robert1320

Here is what mine looks like inside.
    Check out the internal brace too.

[​IMG]#ad

10. slowstang101

I actually bought the smaller version of the a/w intercooler good for 1200 hp and it was a direct copy of Precisions setup i believe. It was very high quality and HEAVY. Welds were professional and exterior looks nice. I used it with my supercharger and it performs flawlessly. I paid around 300ish from what i can remember

Now i'm getting smart and swapping to a 88mm turbo...this is a whole new ballgame for me.

11. turbocuda

Rating an intercooler by horsepower rating is ludicrous..not everyone needs to get temps down to sub ambient...What is important is pressure drop at desired flow rate, and delta T across the cooler at different flows and water temps/ water flows...I would believe even a smaler intercooler as such with a reasonable water flow across it would work better than many air to air units..All depends what the application requires.