1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

1. c-man405

My engine specs are as follows:
    Sbc 350 (fresh rebuild)
    Cast crank and rods with hyper Pistons
    Rebuilt Stock heads
    Fitech fuel injection
    Msd 6530 box with 32 degrees locked timing
    base GT45 with 69mm compressor with 77mm turbine in 1.05 AR

I know hyper Pistons are not great but I got the engine for a great deal and wanted to try a turbo before I build a decent engine so this is a "practice" engine. So this is the tune I came up with and I would like some opinions on how safe it is up to 10 or so pounds of boost.
    It's basically pulling 2 degrees of timing per pound after 2 pounds of boost. And the top graph acting as a start retard.
    Thanks for any and all advise this is the first time for myself and my dad doing anything like this!

image.jpg #ad

2. Disney Lincoln

My thoughts:

40* locked
    20-25* start retard
    idle-2000 Retard 10*
    From 2000 to 3000 ramp from 10* to 4* retard
    From 5000-6000 ramp from 4* to 0* retard

Starting at 1#, pull 1.5*/pd of boost. Ex at 10# boost (15* retard), 5000rpm you will be at 21* total timing.

3. ss496

what part of Illinois are you in? Im in Beloit Wisconsin during the week and go to Union Grove often for track events.

4. c-man405

That sounds good but do you think my combo will hold up to that? I'm not exactly looking for big hp number at this time.

I'm in Oswego so I normally go to Byron drag way but I've been to union grove

5. c-man405

It's also running on e85 if that would change anything