1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Early stages, how far into motor should I go?

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Jeezo, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Jeezo

Not sure how far into motor I should go. I have a 5.3 70k miles that ran good. Heads were recalled from a porosity crack leaking coolant. So I'll be getting heads, prob oem, and studs and mls gasket. It's going in 94 mustang, with pte6266, manual t56, 373gear, not daily, but will be street car on drag radials. Power goals around 600whp give or take.

Should I pull pistons to increase ring gap and look at rod/crank bearings or is that a can of worms better left closed. At what power level do those things become important?

2. Disney Lincoln

Nah, I'd leave it alone.