1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

E85 timing

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by 85notchback, Mar 6, 2012.

1. 85notchback

I have done some searching around and haven't found much I got a mustang with a 302 H/C/I blow Thur no intercooler on E85 and just want to see what you guys thought would be a good place to start with the timing. Thanks

2. Mnlx

Need more info.... how much boost? what turbo? comp ratio? Camshaft? too many variables. Start low, and work your way up. My e7 headed, intercooled, megasquirted 5.0 on 8-10 psi was fine starting in the low 20's under boost, but every combo is different. Its not worth it to not do it right.

3. 85notchback

Boost 8psi the compression is around 9.1 the turbo is a 60mm garret and the cam i need to find the card but I think the lobe separation is around 110. Thanks for the reply

4. Mnlx

What turbine wheel, and a/r? Most members wont be willing to give a specific number, just too many variables. Best is to look for a combo that is similar, and use that info, and even then sneak up on it. I started in the low 20's, and worked up, and you should be safe there. It only takes a few minutes to make a pull, and add a couple of degrees.