1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Any idea what this is?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Wallace, Aug 6, 2023.

1. Wallace

This small metal disc was sitting on the threaded core plug in between cylinders 1 and two. It's shiny on the two larger flat sides. It looks like it's been in there a while. There was also this paper disc partially blocking the oil drain on that side. The valve cover gaskets were grey rubber of some kind and one bolt was not factory so I think the covers been off.
    Any idea what it might be? PXL_20230806_202425007.jpg #ad

PXL_20230806_202455451.jpg #ad
    PXL_20230806_202510708.jpg #ad
    I think it's something that got dropped in there along with that paper disc. Hoping it's not something related to the valvetrain. Car ran fine no issues.

2. B E N

It looks like a blank from punching through steel. Like your valve cover or oil pan holes.

3. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Makes you wonder if it somehow got in there during manufacturing!