1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Hidden nitrous and heater box

Discussion in 'Nitrous, E85, Methanol and Water Injection' started by afxcomet, Dec 14, 2022.

1. afxcomet

Two stage nitrous hidden inside the air cleaner of a Dodge truck. 100hp first stage and 50hp on second stage. I'm also building a nitrous bottle hot box for the bed of the truck. Hot water from the engine will flow thru a cooler and a fan will blow the warm airover the bottles.[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  2. afxcomet

3rd nozzle.JPG #ad

3. afxcomet

4. afxcomet

5. tbird

Nice.

How do you plan to control bottle temp?

6. afxcomet

I'm giving you a gold star for being a thinker and not a hater. I've posted this on six forums and all I get in response is hate and ignorant. Best I can tell is new ideas are not allowed. As to your question. The simple answer is. Monitor the pressure gauge in the cab and turn the fan on manually. Fan will be able to run in both directions. Blow hot air over the bottles or in reverse pull cool air over the bottles. If this deal works I may go with a pressure switch to control the fan.

tbird likes this.
  7. 91turboterror

how about running some kind of blend door to divert the air towards or away from bottle . It could regulate amount of hot air over the nitrous bottles

8. afxcomet

I'm starting with manual vents and I'll be able to reverse the fan to pull heated air away from the bottles if needed to lower the temperature.

IMG_0586.JPG #ad

IMG_0587.JPG #ad

91turboterror likes this.
  9. afxcomet

Going to add a second vent and do some testing

91turboterror likes this.